16. KdF town
Buildings of the “KdF town”, 1937 (Stadtarchiv Erlangen).
In 1937, the “KdF town” was established on the northern boundary of the Party Rally Grounds, on grounds now belonging to the 1. FCN Nuremberg Football Club. The National Socialists had a series of large wooden buildings erected here, the “KdF town”, for the National Socialist Organisation “Strength through Joy” (KdF). Here, visitors to the Party Rallies were entertained by folklore, variety shows and other funfair-type events. The “ KdF town” burnt down in 1942, after an air raid.